Thursday, 28 August 2008

Mineral Spot: Native Copper...

Well, I am finally getting back to normal. Following closely on my back operation, I had to have an emergency operation to remove my gallbladder. I didn't even know that I had gallstones until three days before the operation! Still, recovering well, and due back at work next Monday.

This specimen, although looking like something someone has dropped into a sugar bowl, is in fact, a specimen of native copper from Virneberg near Rheinbreitbach in Germany, and is one of a number of specimens that will be in this weekend's upcoming auction.

1 comment:

RHCarpenter said...

Steve, I'm glad you're on the mend enough to go back to work - or maybe that's a bad thing? :) You couldn't paint all the colors in this little piece of mineral and get them all that pure and shiny, could you? Mother Nature is a good artist.